Monday, February 07, 2005

Billy nae mates

Well, ive been in edinburgh since march last year, and i can honestly say i havent found anyone who i would like to have as a pal. Is it me? I think not. It took about 9 months before the people in the "local" shop in my street started a chinwag with me, and about the same for the local boozer to acknowledge the fact that my bloke and myself have been in many times. I guess it takes time and i should join a group or something or god help me, get a hobby. My man is a guitarist so i would have thought it would be easy peasy finding fellow guitar freaks to go boozing with, but maybe not huh? Dont think we have found "the place" where they all go. Hope to god there is a "place". I dont need a best buddy or a soul mate i have them in place thank you, but a pal to go for a pint and a bitch occasionally would be great.
Other than that i think leith is magic. My weegie pals are jealous of my new abode. I dont need to go on about the great improvement etc. Everyone Knows. Im very happy in my wee flat.
New job, new pals, and ill be grand!

3 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Blogger Gordon said...

Plenty of Edinburgh bloggers you know> Visit their sites and I'm sure you could get a few suggestions - Port O' Leith bar anyone?!

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Colin said...

I know just how you feel! I was in your shoes a few years ago, struggling to work out what makes Leithers tick. Still haven't managed it so I married one...STILL haven't sussed it!

Port o' Leith Bar, Nobles, Carriers Quarters, Kings Wark - all good for a bevy.

Bannermans on a Saturday for a free gig by the Rab Howat band...best unsigned guitarist this side of the Atlantic.

I'm fae Weegie Land too btw - Shawlands. :-)

Welcome!

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Swanieslunch said...

Thanks guys, yeah i was looking at the port of leiths website. Seems to be "the place". I remember Rab form his days at the Kas Rock. Hes good...but not as good as the man ive got right here. Id put money on that. lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home