Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Walking Disorderly

What is going on with the pedestrians of this town? It seems that Edinburgers have a spatial awareness disorder. I'm not sure how to tackle the problem either. Every time I'm on a pavement I find myself having to walk on the road to get by people. I'm not talking about the town centre either, that's a different pot of kippers entirely. They are foreigners who feel the need to stop suddenly in their tracks to read a map or talk on their mobile. I'm talking about down here in Leith, Great Junction St, Bernard St, The Shore whatever. People just don't seem to move to accommodate you, even when there is loads of space. On Sunday I was going along the shore and I saw a guy coming in my direction on my side of the pavement. I decided I wasn't budging to see what happened. The result was a sore shoulder and an under the breath "mhhuuh" from said bloke. Looks like Ill be using the road for a bit longer.

1 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Blogger Mr Brown said...

You have hit on something I hate. people that take up more space than is required when walking. You and me both then end up in the street.
Great Junction Street is as bad as the Centre of town.
maybe we have a hard time because there might be Leith rules that your issued when your born.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home