Monday, February 20, 2006

Talking of Remote Controls...

It is a sad day. My friend got run over. A freak accident outside my house. I was running across the road for the bus when he fell out my pocket. I tried to go back, but it was too late.
I carried him around for almost 3 years. Others continually mocked him and I had to fight his corner. Cheap jibes such as
"that's the biggest phone in the world!" and
"Sarah why have you got the TV remote out with you in the pub?" or
"Does that double as a life raft?" and
"that actually is a brick isn't it?"

Looks aren't everything, and he was always reliable. It feels wrong to replace him with a shiny new small thing. It's not what he would have wanted.

2 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Blogger Colin said...

Poor wee blighter. Are you having a burial? I doubt he would burn anyway without exploding because of the dodgy batteries they used in those old ones. :-)

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger Swanieslunch said...

aww see that? even after hes dead you have to go and give him another wee slaggin. poor thing.

Im getting a temporary nokia. till i get rich and get the one i really want.

how are u any way Colin?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home