Saturday, May 20, 2006

Later, Jools

So Jools Holland is back on. Thats good eh? Not because I like Jools, but because it is pretty much the only decent music programme on the box. When I switched on I got Gnarls. That was pretty good, well the wee blokie was good. would quite like to cuddle him. He's got a teddy bear thing going on. Then came snow patrol. For the love of god what is that all about. Firstly the music was pretty dull. But more annoying was the very strange body movements of the lead singer. He was dressed in a sort of school uniform, but his body was all contorted and shaky. He looked like a 12 yr old waiting to be told he could go for a pee. I guess he was just getting lost in the music. Wank.
But, not to be upstaged, they finish with these art school tossers, Franz Ferdinand. As you may know, I saw them last year and left incredibly irritated by their smug faces and lack of respect for musical equipment and cameramen. Not to mention the repetitive nature of their material. Just looking at that picture makes me want to slap the screen. So they start their number, and one of them runs up to the drummer and starts thrashing away at the cymbals. Then other, then another, till they are all jumping up and down hitting the kit. Grrrrrr. it was just so...naff. Unnecessary. Wank like. I sooooo hate them. And i sooo didn't want to. I like to support Scottish bands but I just can't do it with them. What say you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home