Monday, June 12, 2006

Rabid Riddlers



There is a conspiracy going on here. And I don't like it. Let me explain the turn of events to see if you agree.



1.Every night, I take my pill before bed. Last week I go to take one as usual and notice that I am near the end of my packet. I look in my drawer where I keep the six month supply, and discover that it must be six months since I got them as they are gone. In the morning I wake up extra early to call the doctors, who arrange a repeat prescription.

2. The same morning, I get to the bathroom, realise I feel a bit off, have explosive diarrhea, and have to stretch over and grab the mop bucket to be sick at the same time. That lasts for 2 days. I later discovered it was a bug that lots of the cast at the show got as well.

3. Once the bug had subsided, I pick up my prescription, and head off to the chemist. I wait for ages whilst the pharmacists talk amongst themselves, stroke chins, and look through charts and books. Then they tell me that the pill I have been on for the last 2 years, Microval, has been taken off the market, and that I will have to go back to the Doctors to get a different prescription. I go right away, and see the doctor who recommends Noriday. (I love the name, No ri Day or remora). The Doctor reminds me that as I am on a new pill, I am unprotected for 7 days.

4.Three days into the new pill, and I get toothache. The kind of toothache that hurts with hot and cold things. Which in my experience, means an abscess. Which means antibiotics. (I haven't actually been to the dentist yet. Real fear and lack of money is putting me off. So if any one can recommend a nice and painless one in edinburgh please do!)

Do you see where I am going here?

Well I tell you, o big finger waving being from above with superior power and a GSOH, you are not catching me out. You hear?
Yes, it is true that I am probably the healthiest I have been in a long time.
And its summer, and summer = randy-ness, and you have tried to get me on every angle,

But I really don't want a riddler.

Yet.

Abstinence makes the heart grow fonder...

3 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's maybe not a bad thing. You're an old burd now and that biological clock won't tick forever! ;o)

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Swanieslunch said...

dundee you're such a charmer.
Happy Bday Dr Geist!
But you are wrong. Me + Alan = Riddler. And it will most likely be ginger.

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

NOOOOOoooooo! Not a Ginger, please not a ginger! Babysitters would be hard to find. ;op

 

Post a Comment

<< Home