Wednesday, June 22, 2005

BackStroke

I am still grinning ear to ear and humming away at my desk after Monday night. Alan had a gig in the Guilford Arms for their blues festival. I got there late as I had to do the show, but my lift got me there for 10.12pm so I saw almost all of it and it was fabulous. I was feeling sick with nerves at the beginning for them all, as there was a lot of factors that could of resulted in disaster.
Factor 1 - This was their first gig
Factor 2 - They didn't rehearse. At all.
Factor 3 - Alan has never sang in public before, or even in front of me
Factor 4 - The drummer, my dah who is the best there is, and the bass player Jim hadn't met
Factor 5 - They used the house bands PA and kit, not their own

And even after all that they rocked the joint.

The manager said they were the best band yet. There was 3 guys in a corner down the front who spent the entire gig with their jaws open. At the end I told Alan to say hi as all I could see was three £20 notes per wk sat round a table. (Guitar Tuition)
Big thank you to the Guilford, The Medicine Show, Hendersons Newsagents, my dah and last but by no means least the Jimbob (who is in lurve).
Watch this space for future gigs as I am now manager. I've shook on it and everything.
Might change the name "backstroke" though. Its an old Albert Collins tune. Apparently.
Any Suggestions?

2 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your lift hen was your ma thats all i am just the taxi service!!!!!!!

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Swanieslunch said...

aww sorry mother!
yes my mum was my "lift" and I didnt even thank her. Ill do it noo. Thanks for the lift, maw

 

Post a Comment

<< Home