Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Hey Hey We're the Monkee's



I think I was actually a gypsy in a previous life. In this life, I find it hard to settle and I often dream of living somewhere else, only to then move on again.

You know how people talk about how they would spend the money if they won the lottery? Sure I would start with seeing our families were ok, but then, I want to buy a street. Probably in Glasgow. Well perhaps not a street, but 4 or 5 houses in a row. Nice big tenemant houses like the ones you get in the West End. I would then give my friends a house each, and we could knock down the walls in all the back gardens and have one huge garden. It would then be a little community, where we could share our lives.

I would also buy a place in the country somewhere idylic, with a view of the sea. The house would have a huge kitchen with an aga, a belfast sink and a stone floor. I would be dressed in an old knitted cardi with holes making pasta for the masses. I would then pop over to the barn next to the house which has been converted into a studio. In it would be Alan making a new album with his friends. They would let me hear what they had done for the day and I would smile and tell them to take a break and get their dinner. After a few weeks the album would be finished and Alan and I can book a holiday, as my toy shops practically run themselves.

I am often told that I am a dreamer, and that I need to get realistic. I disagree. I think our dreams are what get us out of bed in the morning.

I have a toy car on my desk. It's a mini cooper. I know someone who has always dreamt of owning one, but felt that it would be selfish and unpractical to get one. It's on my desk to remind me that your dreams are closer than you think and that you can get what you want if you believe it can happen. Today I do.

So now lets hear your dreams, however unrealistic they may be .

8 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dreams aren't really that fascinating. I would like to take over from the great valentino rossi as the undisputed greatest motogp rider ever to have lived. After a few years of winning everything and making millions upon millions, I would go back to uni and do something interesting, like becoming a world renowned surgeon, saving lives everywhere i go. Much as the weather is crap in scotland, i would work here so that the scottish people get the best care in the world (not getting a big ego here...lol)

When i'm done with that, I might still be young enough to enjoy moving my now extensive hareem to my own luxury island, right next door to richard branson's. No computers or other technology allowed on the island. Well with the exception of a phone. The island will also be accessible only by sea plane, so I can get peace and quiet.

Oh, i would sort my family out financially as well. obviously.

PS - i like pasta as much as the next fussy eater, but EVERY day?

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Swanieslunch said...

I had no idea who Valentino Rossi was, or indeed what a motogp is. I thought your hand had slipped on the keyboard. Till i googled him. Learn something new and all that eh?
Luxury island sounds good. But i would need a computer. And someone to push the button every 108 minutes. And he would be called Sawyer.

Pasta? No not every day.
Chowder on a tues.
But Alan would have to make it.
No, wait scrub that.
In my dream i also cook really well.
No! I've got it!
In my dreams I have a chef.
Called Gordon.
Ramsey.

 
At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's gonna win his 6th motogp title on Sunday, what a guy. Won't say any more on him in case you think i have a man-crush. Which i don't!

Shame on you though, I thought if you could do anything you would put giving rupert an eye before eating pasta every monday! ;op

 
At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My old man. Knocks down evey wall in the house. Makes it perfect. And as soon as it IS perfect, needs to move on.

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

Well, when I read your Blog Sarah it brought a slight tear to my eye cos I would for that dream to come true, to see you guys at your best and so we could all live the dream together.

Dundee, my job is now advertised so that back door to the world of surgery awaits, although not sure if it would completely make your dream come true.

On the whole, I agree with the comment by margin walker - I just want to be happy, loads of love, laughter and if that be in the Brig then so be it. Doesn't matter where I am, it's the people that are important and that's why Sarah's dream is so beautiful!

Sob, Sob.

Dundee - Poor Rossi didn't do it on Sunday!! What happened!?!

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Swanieslunch said...

Damn you Jodi and your kind words.
I am welling up now myself.

Gees more dreams. I like them.

 
At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to mention one of my dreams earlier. I would like to be able to enjoy a life without a watch. Never having to check it every few minutes, knowing i have to be somewhere or can't be where I am etc. A life without time.

There would be no watches or clocks on my island.

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger the dame said...

I happened across your blog and was tickled to see you have the same "if I won the lottery." solution as I do. I've been saying for years (in fact, had a conversation with a friend about it two days ago ) that if I won the lottery, I would buy a bunch of houses altogether and beg all my friends to come live in one spot. And on Saturday mornings I'd make breakfast for everyone. It would be lovely.

Of course, I'm going to have to start playing the lottery if I actually want to increase the chances of this ever coming to pass.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home